I was going through some old files recently and found some inspirational writings I had collected from various books a long time ago, and decided that they deserved to be shared. Enjoy…
The world belongs to the energetic.
Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, and requires an individual to continue to set an example, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll…’ philosophy. Winners don’t live their lives in the future, safely out of sight. They set goals in the specific, foreseeable future, which gives their everyday activities richness and purpose.
— Denis Waitley
You didn’t think when you got up this morning that this would be the day your life would change, did you? But it’s going to happen because the only thing that stands between you and grand success in living are these two things: Getting started and never quitting! You can solve your biggest problem by getting started, right here and now.
— Robert H. Schuller
With discipline comes organisation, strength of purpose, determination and success.
Without discipline there is disorganisation, confusion and failure.
Carry each job to completion. To do this is to avoid confusion.
Back your organised effort with enthusiasm, faith and integrity.
— Brian Adams
Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.
— David Lloyd George
- Succeeding is no harder than failing.
- Wealth is a state of mind.
- Man’s greatest limitation is the one created in his own mind.
- We always establish our goals according to our self-image.
- All rich people pictured themselves rich before achieving their dreams.
- All your thoughts tend to materialise in your life.
- The key to success is seeing possibilities where others see only impossibilities.
- To gain a clearer vision of what is possible, expand your self-image.
- Life gives you exactly what you expect from it.
- If you won a million pounds, would you stay in your present job?
- Work to be the best.
- One of the keys to success is knowing exactly what you want to do.
- You must set yourself a precise target, an amount and a deadline to make it.
- You are worth much more than you believe.
- A precise goal is the springboard for any accomplishment.
- Success is a habit.
- Set yourself tighter deadlines; you will accomplish more without sacrificing quality.
- Never accept ‘No’ for an answer.
- Fortune favours the bold.